[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: JavaScript to grab email (fwd)

>From: Jyri Kaljundi <jk@digit.ee>
>To: cypherpunks@toad.com
>Subject: JavaScript to grab email
>Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 16:33:21 +0200 (EET)
>
>Another annoying feature in JavaScript and Netscape. Have a look at
><http://www.popco.com/grabtest.htm>

Well, if you want to take an Orwellian perspective, a person could write a
script in Java to access all kinds of information on the local drive(s),
even take it a step further and gather information from all attached drives
the host has rights to.  People got upset about Prodigy and their antics a
couple of years back - I'm not sure how they will react to scripts that
gather information from the local computer covertly.

--G--
George Spafford
Interlink Publishing
1301 Harrison Avenue
Saint Joseph, MI 49085
USA

E-mail: gspaff@execpc.com
	il@execpc.com
WWW:	http://www.execpc.com/~il

Down the pipe, through the filters, off the censor . . . there was nothing
left but noise.